Prinergy Tools is a set of prepress production plugins for Adobe Illustrator which are available for both Macintosh and Windows OS-based computers. Although the tools are primarily of interest to packaging converters, they can be beneficial to any Prinergy customer.
The plugins are available in a variety of packages:
- Prinergy Set (Eye, Screen, Trap, Ink, Production Tool, Mark, Barcode and Search, Import PDF)
- Trap Tool (Trap, Screen, Ink and Mark)
- Warp Tool
- Inspect Tool
For details about the features of these tools, follow the links in Prinergy Tools.
New Features and Enhancements in 1.01.03
Prinergy Tools 1.01.03 Release adds these new features:
- Illustrator CC2020 compatibility
- macOS 10.15 compatibility
- Auto calculation of UPC Barcode Check Sum digits
- Additional GS1 DataBar code types
- Import layered PDF into Illustrator and retain layers and relationships.
Known bugs and limitations in 1.01.03
- On macOS 10.14, Illustrator crashes on first launch after running plug-ins installer (Workaround required, see Installation Notes below).
- On macOS 10.14, start-up message "Error loading plugins. Prinergy_Nest.aip." This error can be ignored.
- To recognize layers, Esko PDFs must be created with Automation Engine 16 and above
- There are two different installers for each workstation platform. Use the appropriate installer for the version of Creative Cloud you are running.
- CC2017: use for Illustrator CC2017 and CC2018
- CC2019: use for illustrator CC2019 and CC2020
macOS 10.14 installation note: To prevent Illustrator from crashing on first launch after installing Prinergy Tools:
- Do not launch Illustrator immediately after installing the plug-ins
Open the Applications\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Plug-ins folder and copy the \Prinergy folder to the desktop.
Delete the \Prinergy plug-ins folder from the Application folder.
Launch Illustrator 2020 and then Quit.
Copy the saved \Prinergy folder from the Desktop back to the Applications folder
Re-launch Illustrator 2020. Illustrator should then start normally.
macOS 10.14: to prevent the start-up message: “Error loading plugins. Prinergy_Nest.aip” click the Don’t Show Again checkbox in the Error Dialog to suppress the error message.